Jan 12, 2017


Please visit other Tabs (see above ⬆) 
for more art to view and buy. TY - corrij




"This Green City"

I am really digging into using greens, yellows and dark slate together. I feel colors have a meaning to us. I know it does for me. Of course, the caveat is that I also have #synesthesia.
What do you think of the contrasting combo of mine?
 It is oil pastel on paper? #oilpainting #oilpastel #landscape #art #painting #green #slate #yellow 




 "Storm Ship"
Acrylic and Watercolor on paper


Such a political storm continues to brew. I think of Naomi Klein's "Shock Doctrine" and how similarly this era of confusion steeped in propaganda can appear. I could not watch the press conference, Jan. 11, the Sessions nor the Tiller hearings, only listen as I paint rolling waves and rocking ship.


"Wovoka"
Acrylic on canvas

As I listen and let this brewing storm ferment, I think of the painting I made for my father,  "Wovoka". Wovoka was the Paiute who helped to encourage the Ghost Dance religion. For my father I say, "Keep the faith".





No comments:

Post a Comment